Monday, February 1, 2010

A Rare Weekend of Nearly Pure Bliss

Here I am after finding that I was nearly non-existent on the Internet this weekend. The truth? It was pretty nice.

My Hubby took charge of our munchkin this past Saturday morning, and gave me half the day "off". It was so sweet and thoughtful of him, but even more than that, I feel as though my battery has been completely recharged. Later that evening, we went to the beach and had a small fire, and roasted hot dogs and had s'mores. The sun set and the stars were lovely.

Last night, Sunday, we went over to a friend's home and met her twin babies for the first time. It was so different to be holding a little bundle of innocence and dependency in comparison to my 18 month old toddler/tornado. The few hours I spent there holding her babies also shed light on a new concept that I hadn't had to worry about before - minding my toddler while caring for a newborn. In a few months, it will be my reality, when our second child is born, and this revelation alone is encouraging me to try to get my miscellaneous projects completed before she is here.

And so, after this rare weekend of nearly pure bliss, I find myself to be re-motivated to be productive, and wanting to spend less time "wasting" time on other things, like Facebook and it's little games/apps.

Today, I'm committing myself to tackling two small projects I keep listing on my "to-do" and then, consequently, never doing. I'm going to detox our office & laundry room, taking out all the unnecessary things, cleaning, and re-organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment