Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quiet Reflection

I finished "Tuesdays with Morrie" right before naptime saved the last shreds of nerves I had left. My son seems to be going through another "noticeable stage", and while his increasing defiance, melt-downs, and overall sensitivity are hard to swallow after a while, I am also finding joy in his innocence and the purity of his feelings.

A couple things have touched on me today. (NLT)

Proverbs 16:3 - Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed.
1 Corinthians 13:8, 13 - Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless, but love will last forever. Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.

This past Sunday, I had the pleasure of hearing Phil Pringle speak, and I walked away with a couple of things that were especially profound to me, and the direction I feel I am going:

Be a product of your vision, and not of your history.

For weeds to grow, do nothing.


It's a lovely day here. The grass is green, the sky is blue, and the breeze carries a freshness within itself. I think I might lose myself in it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment