Friday, February 26, 2010

If only, if only...

This morning I put on a small pair of maternity jeans. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my thighs still fit in them perfectly. I was also suprised to find that my uterus had out grown them. The tiny elastic band at the top put too much pressure on said uterus and floating baby, a discomfort I can definately live without, no matter how good my butt looked!

The husband is back from the field. It was a short stint this time, only about 3 days, but I'd gotten spoiled by having him home all the time. It'll be so wonderful to have him home the entire weekend (he's commited himself to no fishing trips for the next 2 weekends, and he did this on his own with no coaxing on my part!). We're going to try to knock out all the "big projects" we have to do around the house before Ayslyn is born.

I am re-evaluating again. I've come to realize that this is a constant process for me. I think this is a positive thing, it gives me the chance to correct habits and goals before I've wasted too much time straying from them. Usually, I get bored, or I move on to the next new and exciting idea, and the projects I'd been working on fizzle and die out. I'd like to find a way around this, or a way to trick myself into commiting more solidly to my whims.

I think breakfast is in order. Toast and bacon, with my 2 cup limit of coffee, sounds divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment