Saturday, October 9, 2010

My bad...

I really gotta stop saying I'm going to do something when I know I probably won't. Its a hard habit to break. I said I was going to blog about my detox, and I haven't. So here is an update.

I started this detox on September 27th. Today is 13th day. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I weighed 133 lbs. I started at 139.6 lbs. This is a huge accomplishment for me - I'd kind of stalled out at 138 just exercising on my own. I am really hoping to be under 130 by next Friday. If it doesn't happy, that's OK. I've been doing some light exercise, nothing to strenuous because I don't want to push my body to hard on the kind of "diet" I'm on.

In preparation for the end of my detox, I've been doing a lot more nutritional research and collecting healthy recipes. We eat pretty well normally, I like to put a lot of veggies in with whatever I make, and we're usually good about protein. However, I'm not making the most of our meals nutritionally, so that's going to be a welcome change.

I tried on my Birthday Ball dress last night. It fits better than when I bought it, but I'm still not "bombin'" like I want to be. I have one month left until Ball, and I plan to use that month exercising and tightening my stomach in particular.

I've been getting up at 5 am to write for the last few days. Even this morning, a Saturday. I'm a much happier person for it, and it seems like I have FINALLY managed to turn off my inner editor so I can't just the crap down on the page and worry about fixing it later. I've struggled with that for a long time, and I look forward to increasing creativity and productivity as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment