Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mom Sexy!

A beautiful thing happened to me when I was first pregnant with my first child. I looked in the mirror and realized "I'm going to be a mom". That came with the realization that there was a possibility that if I didn't change my habits, THIS could be as good as it gets. I started my pregnancy tipping the scale. I'm about 5 and 1/2 feet tall, but was pushing 160 lbs. I had the "aha" moment and woke up in the nick of time. Fast forward 2 years later, to the present day. I am now the proud mother of 2 beautiful children, my 2 year old son and nearly 7 month old daughter. I haven't gotten taller or shorter, luckily, but I have lost weight. I presently weigh 132-ish pounds.

I decided that I wasn't going to be one of THOSE mom's. You know the kind - the mom who had a few kids and gave up on being a human being. A few weeks ago, when my Hubby went to the field for Steel Night training (18 days) I started a detox (see previous postings for random and incomplete information). I started the detox at 139.6 lbs. When I ended it, I was 132 lbs.

For me, when I crossed the line into motherhood, I had a decision to make. I could lose myself in the kids, pack on the pounds and use excuses like how tired I was from getting up with the baby at night and chasing a toddler during the day. I could eat tons of chocolate to "compensate" for my devastation in my after-baby body. OR, I could get off my butt and tone and exercise. I could eat healthy. I could take sexy back and reclaim my "little self", drive my husband wild *major success here* and feel like the sexiest woman alive. I may have a baby on my hip, but it doesn't mean that I can't look good doing it.

I want to be "Mom Sexy". MILF is one of my favorite compliments these days! I'm bringing my sexy back. I stumbled upon this gem this morning, and thought I'd post the link for my fellow sexy-Mom's out there. Click on the link and check out Mommyologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment