Wednesday, October 20, 2010

6 AM

It's 6 am. I've been up for an hour now. I still feel like I could crawl into bed and be happy. With my luck, Ayslyn would probably wake up wanting a new diaper and a bottle just as my head was hitting the pillow.

Lots of rain yesterday, and I loved it! It was almost like being back home in our dear Washington. Mustache Man is valiantly plowing through the tons of paperwork that King County Sheriff wants. We are both thrilled and very hopeful. I'd say that I'm not holding my breath or getting my hopes up, but that would be a bald faced lie.

I have secretly allowed all my hopes to lay on this one county who is calling my fantastic husband a Deputy CANDIDATE. I want it more than I want anything else right now. Mustache Man has an incredible work ethic, and would excel at this job. The truth is, the county would be lucky to have him. I just hope that they see it that way too. I'm dying to know about the other candidates - how many there are and how all their experience and etc stack up next to my husband's. It's probably best that I don't know.

It's been about a week since I've written. The man came back home from the field and has been distracting me to no end. I think I needed to give myself a break. When I start something, I throw myself into it so fully that I can get burnt out very easily. I don't want to burn myself out on writing. So today I once again pick up my figurative pen, and press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment