Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Writing Life

Or current lack thereof.

During the Fall, I was on an amazing roll. I had inspiration, I had energy and motivation, I had progress.

Then, I hit a bit of a speed bump. We visited some of my family for Thanksgiving. The visit was wonderful, and I loved it. But because of the visit, I took time off of writing. A lot of time. About 3 months of it. See, I'm working on a memoir. And I didn't want my writing, and the voice of my memoir to get mangled up by my emotional baggage. It's been hard, I've thought about writing almost everyday since I stopped, but I think the time off was good. I'm ready to start again. Where's my pen? Where's my paper?

Now if I could just make myself get up in the morning with Mustache Man, I think I'll be alright. We made a date to go to bed early tonight (and by bed, I mean to sleep), so tomorrow will by my first official writing morning of 2011. I can do this, with a lot of green tea and a lot of coffee, I can do this.

I wanted to share a post I ran across for 33 different ways to start the day. http://www.dragosroua.com/33-ways-to-start-your-day/

Tomorrow, I think I may have to open the windows and shock myself awake with the cold air.

What's your favorite way to start the day?

1 comment:

  1. I can't get right up. It takes me a good 15-20 minutes of pushing snooze and slowing opening my eyes... Otherwise I am super grumpy!

    ReplyDelete