Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Moment of shame for me - I threw a temper tantrum this morning, as is evident from my last post. I'm not proud of it, and it is something I am aware that I struggle with. My 2 year old isn't the only one in this family who has trouble managing emotional ups and downs.

A little jam with the toast.... an update!

I got my navel re-pierced! I had to take my original piercing out for the last 3 or 4 months of my pregnancy with Zach (ironically, that was where I got my first stretch mark). It closed up, and I wanted to wait until I was finished reproudcing before I thought about having it done again. With my tubal ligation, my belly button was "reconstructed", so it's pretty bumpy and weird looking, and there's a lot of scar tissue considering how small the surgery was. So, finally, I decided to do it. I wanted my "pretty" back, and I'm loving it! I was worried that it might be more painful since I'm hefting my two kiddos around, but there have been only a few minor incidents. I had it done on the 28th (it was a Christmas present from Mustache Man).

Our nightstand project is about complete! Mustache Man applied the last coat of varnish last night! Now it's just a matter of getting the hardware painted. We were originally going to try to replace the hardware with something newer and less 80's/90's style, but I'm having some trouble matching the posts. We test painted one of the drawer pulls last night, but Mustache Man thinks we may need to get something to remove the old finish first. Either way, pictures will be following soon!

Operation Get out and Move Home: The house is steadily being packed away. We are moved out of half of the upstairs, and now only using the kids' rooms and their bathroom. We've primed out bedroom. I would say about 50-60% of the house is packed. I've been selling furniture and things we don't use/need on the yardsale website. That's been great! Making room, moving less stuff, and collecting a small amount of cash in the process. We had our pre-inspection today, and the guy said our house looked great and that it was well taken care of - all we need to do is basic cleaning and move everything out by the final inspection.

My kids contiue to be a challenge and a joy. The older they get, the more crazy about them I seem to be. Zach is talking more and more, and Ayslyn is crawling around and pulling herself up. We're trasitioning her from bottles to sippy cups slowly. Zach's potty training has been fantastic!

As for me, I'm plugging along trying to stay sane amidst all the crazyness and extreme change. My lowest weight during 2010 was 134 (I think, it may have been a pound or two less), and after all the Holiday food and extra eating I do with Mustache Man home, I only gained 2 pounds. I have hit the gym again, and hope to make it a habit this year. I did not make any New Year's Resolutions, for the first time ever. I have things in mind that I would like to have happen, and like to accomplish, but I'm going to take this year like I've tackled the past 4... one day at a time.

Speaking of which, Mustache Man applied to another Sheriff's Dept. last night. They will stop accepting applications in 2 weeks, and we should hear back 2-3 weeks after that if he is a candidate. More on our job hunt later.

What kinds of big change are you expecting this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment