Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bitten by a crafty bug!

I do think that I've fallen more for reading blogs than writing my own. There is a huge wealth of knowledge out there, and as a Domestic Engineer *read stay-at-home-mom*, I appreciate the time, cost, and effort it takes to acquire the know how. For me, my downfall is cooking & recipes, writing, and now crafting blogs. I've never been very creative with anything but words, so to venture into sewing and paper crafts is a little nerve wracking for me. I think its necessary though, especially if I'm going to keep my mind from going stale.

I'm going to try my hand at more complicated crocheting projects *is crocheting a word?* and attempt to make my almost 5 month old daughter some headbands! I can't wait for her to have more hair so I can make hair clips and bows. On my list of crocheting projects, is a pair of Mary Jane slippers that I've been dying to try out since the beginning of the year! Hopefully, I kick my rear into gear and get them made.

In other hilarity, Mustache Man *the Husband* has duty today. On a Saturday = ridiculous. However, he send me a picture earlier, and in the caption it read "I got you a gift, love. I'll teach you how to use it". Well, I looked it up online, and it's called a Kubotan. The following discription was copied off an amazon.com listing: "The pointed Kubotan was designed to be used against bony surfaces, soft tissue and nerve points. It's effective because of the temporary paralysis & extreme pain it causes. The Kubotan increases the power of any strike. It is not necessary to waste time or miss an opportunity trying to be precise. A sharp blow to any bony part of the body will encourage your assailant to stop an attack."

I love that he got this for me. I'm probably more excited than I would be had he brought me flowers or candy. Ahhh, sweet wonderful love! Below is the picture he sent to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment