Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An answered prayer

Yesterday, I felt as though I was in a pit of dispair. I felt uber frumpy, it was hot, and my mind was literally turning to mush from lack of use. Silently, I was praying all day for something for me to be impassioned about, for a distraction.

God answered my prayer, and then some.

Our "ultimate plan option" for when we get out of the Marine Corps is for Mustache Man to get into the Sheriff's department in Eastern Washington. Well, for the last few months, we'd given up on this beautiful dream. We checked employment openings, and nobody was actively hiring. Now we have 6 months until we expect to be moving our family again, and while we have options, they were not what I considered great. To me, it would be settling if we go with "the easy plan".

Well, this morning, I happened upon an article about National Parks jobs, which got me to thinking about the Sheriff's department again. I thought it wouldn't hurt to go check the county websites and see what's going on. BOTH COUNTIES WE WANTED ARE HIRING. Right now, anyways. I feel like this could be our chance, and is a huge blessing. Even if it ends up not being for us, it is a distraction, and giving me some semblence of hope for the time being.

Cross your fingers, people. I want this badly! I want to go back home, to the trees, and know that my husband is working the job he's been wanting and dreaming about for the last 4 or 5 years.

Other little things happening around here - Ayslyn is rolling over like a pro now, but doesn't yet realize that she is doing it. Zach has a hearing test tomorrow which could lead to some speech therapy. They say kids his age have abot 50-75 words that they use, and at 2 years old, they start to string words together for sentences. Zach has maybe 10 words, maximum, and he doesn't say they right. I read, we talk, we repeat, we listen, and nothing seems to help. So, we'll see how this turns out. I would love for him to be able to communicate with us, I think it would relieve much of his (and our) stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment