Sunday, March 13, 2011

Theme Park #3, Where's my lithium battery?

Since my previous two rants, my bitterness towards our residence seems to have evaporated. It's as if I just don't have the emotional energy/capacity to care anymore. I can't decide if feeling numb in this way is a good or a bad thing, and I wonder if this numbing is spreading to the other parts of my life.

I'm still irritated with living so closely to other people. We were in a town house on base before we moved here, and shared walls with our neighbors, but I felt like we had more privacy there. We have a new neighbor right behind us, and she seems very pleasant so far. Due to the amount of rain we've had lately, we've been inside, a lot. I miss the cold air and frozen ground we had a few weeks ago.

I'm trying to be glass-half-full but I'm consumed by emptiness. I have a lot of really great & happy moments, but they never last and it seems like I'm never happy for long. I have general unhappiness like most people (still haven't won the Mega Millions, and those bills keep finding their way into my mailbox dang it) but no unusual problems. Don't they make a pill for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment