Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Glee-fully yours

Both my children are currently napping (or quiet and in their respective rooms, at least). I can't believe it. Its like we have been non-stop running and never catch a break other than our 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Sure, I wish that we got a full 8 hours, but I loving working towards our future and bettering our life.

Right now, I'm waiting to hear back on that interview I had on Monday. My interviewer said to expect a letter within 2 weeks. It makes me excited/nervous, giddy/scared and just downright impatient. I want this job so badly. Quite frankly, I think I sucked at the interview and couldn't blame either of the officers if they just ripped up my eval. packet as soon as I walked out the door. Mustache Man says I'm being too hard on myself and that I did great (from the things I told him), but the point is, I had a higher expectation for myself and failed. Oh well, now I wait. I can't help but think that this is the job God has for me. I sure hope so.

Mustache Man and I take the ACT's in less than a month (for the first time ever)! We get our couches in a week and a half, and also have Pixie's 1st birthday to plan.

On top of scheduled craziness, yesterday we had quite the scare. I was getting lunch ready and was watching Pixie from the weird bar thing on the counter. I looked down for a split second, and next thing I know she is screaming because she got a plastic coat hanger (about the thickness of a penci!) hooked in her mouth and under her tongue. I seriously thought that she punctured the soft membrane under her tongue. It took a bit of work and twisting to get the hanger out of her mouth, and of course she was scared and not exactly cooperating. In the end, everything is ok. The nurse said that because the mouth heals so quickly she wouldn't need stitches and just to watch for infection. We still don't know if its a puncture (babies, soooo cooperative) but it seems to just be a nasty scratch. I seemed to be the only person seriously concerned. Mustache Man was, but he is always the epitomy of "cool". It's ridiculous... makes me look high strung.

Finally, after way too much waiting, I can now proudly say that I am a revolver-packin' mama. I finally got my S&W .38 SPL +P, complete with pink handgrips. Tomorrow we will be going to get my concealed pistol permit. Oh yeah. Pictures to come later, for some reason they didn't want to load...

A little funny I saw today, hope you get a chuckle out of it! --> Women are angels until someone clips their wings, then they just fly around on broomsticks - they're flexible like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment