Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Just wanted to through out a quick Happy Mother's Day!

A quick little bit of Mother's Day Background - Mother’s day was first suggested in the United States by Julia Ward Howe, writer of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. However, a Miss Anna Jarvis and supporters campaigned for a National Mother's Day, and in 1911 Mother's Day was celebrated by nearly every state of the Union. It was made a National Holiday in 1914 by President Woodrow. So no, it was not just invented by the Hallamark Card Company as another money making success.

And as for me, I tell my husband to just go ahead and put the 5 bucks he'd spend on a card towards my gift, or some starbucks. This year, however, my husband is in the field for training (again!). After successfully hauling my two kiddos to church, I was delighted to get my first "present" from Zach - a traced cutout of his hand from his Sunday School class. That's all I need for Mother's Day, and it was certainly enough to melt my heart.

Zach has decided to forgo his nap today, and he is being very vocal to let me know that he is indeed awake, and that I should go get him out of his room.

I hope that everyone will take the time to slow down today, and truly enjoy being with their kids! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment